Oh, did I have another thing coming! I knew exactly what I needed to do to have the file good for printing. My problem? Not the interior layout, not the page numbers or ANYTHING else you would think might give me issues. Yes, that was all tedious, but with my butt in the chair, I can do it. My problem was when all that was said and done. First issue was that I couldn't find a stupid Adobe PDF printer on my PC. What? Doesn't that stupid thing come with Adobe Acrobat? Yes, but my PC is Windows 7, 64 bit. Adobe 7 is not compatible. Then, I go off to get a version that DOES support my stupid computer. I get it installed, find the lovely printer now, set the file to meet the compliance thingy the printer needs, and Voila!
Actually, not so much! The stupid PDF printer would not print in my book's size! Only 8.5x11 or bigger. WTF!!!! So, I find another PDF that will print AND embed the fonts. I think I'm set, then I check on the compliance, and what do you know, it doesn't work. Ugh!!! So, I distill that file and it works, but the fonts are now listed 2-3 times each. Well, each one is embedded, so I'm calling it good! The printer better not come back and call BS on it, or I might scream!!
Anyway, something exciting about this whole fiasco is that I got the beautiful paperback cover designed. So, for your putting up with a taste of what I have dealt with today, you get to see it!
Image designed by the TALENTED GENIUS Robin Ludwig!